Monday, November 15, 2010

Dress Up

When I was a little girl I played with dolls. A lot. Dolls were my thing. I had three dollhouses and numerous types of dolls. Eventually I had to start making my own porcelain dolls just to feed the habit. I liked dolls.

Now as a mother I can't quite get over the fact that I treat Emily much like my favorite doll. She goes with me where ever I go. I carry her from room to room as I do other things. She fits right in the crook of my arm when it's time for bed. And of course I dress her up. For Halloween she had three different costumes. During normal days she is still subjected to pretty little dresses. Now that the holidays are here and I'm surrounded by frilly, shiny, party dresses. I feel the need to dress her up like a princess all the time. There is no denying she's a beautiful girl, I just feel she should dress pretty too.

Although I have to wonder if I am creating a girly-girl like me or if later in life Emily will wear nothing but baggy skater clothes and baseball caps just to spite me.

No comments: