Thursday, June 25, 2009

New saying

The heat is kicking in for the summer.  This means that by the time noon rolls around you are unlikely to find me outside.  Usually you can find me stripped to my underwear, parked in front of the fan.  And I don't move from that spot until the sun goes back down.

Today, while in my usual heat-induced lethargy I thought of all the metaphors for hot.  Hot enough to fry an egg.  Hotter than hell.  Hot enough that I'm sweating like a prostitute in church.  Hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch. Hot as Hades. 

Then I looked around and saw my two furry kitties lounging.  Well, not so much lounging.  One was stretched on the table, paws out, head lolling of the edge.  The other was stomach flat to the floor, paws opposite.  Like she'd hit the floor and gone splat.  

And in a sense she had because in June in Korea it's hot enough to melt cats.



No comments: